This is one of the most convenient ways to teach English that doesn’t need a degree. After setting up everything you need. You can teach English anywhere, anytime. Many online English schools nowadays cater to most Koreans, Japanese, and Chinese. And they use Skype as their major means of communication and some other platforms comes in second.
This post may contain affiliate links see affiliate disclosure here. which means I may receive a small commission for clicks made through my links. they are good products and all our opinion and suggestions are unbiased I only share products and services that I use, trust and love.
Palfish, on the other hand, is an app that’s more than just a free video/messaging software. It has a lot of awesome features that make teaching pretty easy. It can store English lessons so you don’t need to open a lot of apps while teaching. I also want to point out that most of the time my students just want to chat. They just want someone to talk with in English. So, It’s like just chatting and making money.
You can schedule your available time so students can easily book you in the future. It also can help you book a schedule for specific students, this cool feature can help you gain regular students. You can earn an average of $15/ hour to as much as $45/hour.
How to get started?
2. Fill out all the information needed. Try to write a very good introduction in the bio section. Make sure that you encourage the students to choose you. Make it a point to sound interesting and fun to talk to. Remember, There are hundreds of teachers, so make an effort to stand out. And, It should be more than 100 words. It needs to include the following:
- Your name
- Your nationality
- The college that you have attended or attending.
- Teaching experience if you have (recommended but not necessary)
- What can you offer (This is where you put your encouraging words and interesting points of yourself)
To make you feel better, new teachers are featured on the student’s app. So there’s a big chance that you’ll receive calls right after your account is approved. And there are thousands of students from China and the world. As they say, there’s a lot of fish in the ocean.
3. Upload a pleasant profile picture. Some students told me that they like to call teachers with a charming smile and not those with a very intimidating look. So smile with all your heart. Make sure that the picture is yourself not anyone else’s. It’s a clear photo that people could recognize who you are. And you are the only person in the picture. Some teachers upload a selfie with friends on their background, Don’t use those pics.
4. Upload a voice recording- You can just easily read your bio and record it or record a new one. Make it a point to sound happy, lively and encouraging, but not to the point that you sound like a squeaking pup, (too high pitched). Just a normal Speaking voice will do. Remember the following:
- It needs to be longer than 30 seconds
- The recording is clear (very important)
- You need to showcase your English pronunciation and proficiency. (Make sure you don’t speak too fast)
- Talk about your specialty
5. Wait for the admin to verify your account then you can start teaching. If your profile is incomplete. (no profile picture, Short introduction) Chances are you won’t get approved.
Things to prepare:
1. Available worldwide
2. Pays on time through Payoneer. Monthly. If you don’t have one just go to Payoneer and create an account it’s pretty simple to make one. They will even send you your own ATM card that you can use to withdraw money anywhere you are in the world, You can open an account here.
3. Flexible hours- You can teach anytime your free. But you have the option to
book some regular hours for your regular students.
1. App sometimes has glitches.
2. The updated version may not be compatible with some smartphones